Last updated on May 29, 2023.
Introduction and Content
Who We Are and How to Contact Us
MEAT YOUR FARMER DOO BEOGRAD-ZVEZDARA, located at Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra 249, Belgrade, Serbia, is the controller of your Personal Data. This means that MYF is responsible for decisions on how and why MYF stores and uses your Personal Data. If you want to contact MYF directly, you can reach us via email at email@example.com.
The designated data protection officer is [insert], email [insert].
What Personal Data We Collect
To provide our Services adequately, we must collect your Personal Data that you provide to us through your use of our website and/or application, which we collect automatically, and from other sources. Below are the types of Personal Data we collect about you:
- Information you provide to us.
When you register as a user of our application, purchase products from our application, contact us through the “Contact” section on our website, and/or when you contact us directly via any communication channel, you may provide us with Personal Data, such as your name, email address, phone number, etc., information you provide in your communication with us and with other users on our platform, and Personal Data contained in scanned identification documents (if required to be provided).
- Your IP address: a numerical code identifying your device, as well as the country, region, or city where you are located.
- Geolocation data: Your IP address may be used to obtain information about the geographic latitude, longitude, altitude of your device, direction of movement, GPS data, and information related to the connection to local Wi-Fi equipment.
- Information about your interaction with our Services.
- Browsing history of our content you visited on the website, including how you arrived on the page from other websites.
- Details about your computer, mobile device, television, tablet, or other devices; for example, a unique device ID, unique vendor or ad ID, and the browsers you use to access our content.
MYF will not collect special categories of data from you, such as Personal Data concerning your race, political opinions, religion, health, or sexual orientation unless you have chosen to provide us with such data voluntarily.
If you have mentioned MYF in your social media posts, we may collect the names of your social media accounts, as further described below.
- Information We Collect When You Use the Services
When you visit our website/application and/or use our Services, when we use Personal Data for authentication or Personal Data such as your IP address or your selected settings, we may collect aggregated usage data, such as user search and click-stream activities within the Services, heatmaps of each session and scrolling, and non-identifying Personal Data related to the user’s device, their operating system, internet browser, screen resolution, language, and keyboard settings, internet service provider, pages they were referred from/to, date/time stamps, etc.
- Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain your Personal Data from independent sources, such as (i) security service providers, fraud detection and prevention service providers, for example, to help us detect users associated with fraud, (ii) social media platforms – when you sign in or register through your social media account, we may receive your Personal Data from that service (e.g., your username, basic profile Personal Data), and in some cases, we may collect Personal Data from leading enhancement companies that help us improve our service offerings; (iii) advertising and marketing partners for tracking, managing, and measuring our advertising campaigns.
Information About Job Applicants
We also collect information provided to us by job applicants when they apply for any of the open positions posted on our website, via email, or in any other way.
Note on the Collection of Personal Data by Third Parties
How We Collect Personal Data
We collect Personal Data when:
- You access and interact with the website and/or application.
- You purchase any products/use MYF’s Services.
- Through cookies and other similar technologies.
- You contact us via email, through social media, our applications, or similar technologies, or when you mention us on social media.
Why do we collect Personal Data?
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing the Services.
- Forwarding your order to the agricultural farm from which you have ordered a product.
- Processing payments or issuing refunds when necessary.
- Monitoring comments on the website and/or application, which may include, depending on your consent, notifications of new comments on products or agricultural farms you have previously commented on, as well as information about new blog entries or site updates.
- Responding to your requests and comments.
- Continuously developing, customizing, expanding, and improving our application, website, and Services based on common or individual user settings, experiences, and user feedback.
- Providing ongoing customer support and technical assistance to our users.
- Updating, expanding, and analyzing user records.
- Analyzing our performance and marketing activities.
- Creating aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or derived information that we or our business partners may use to provide and enhance the Services.
- Providing expert assistance, only at your request.
- Enhancing data security and fraud prevention capabilities.
- Complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Providing the Services.
- Complying with relevant legal or regulatory obligations we have.
- Supporting legitimate interests and business objectives (for example, maintaining and improving our Services and MYF’s efficiency by identifying technical issues), provided that it is carried out proportionately and respects your privacy rights.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Personal Data collected through the Services provided on the website and/or application are only used when we have a valid reason and legal basis for doing so. We determine the legal basis based on the purpose for which we collected your Personal Data.
The legal basis can be one of the following:
- Consent: You can withdraw your consent at any time, for example, by contacting MYF using our contact form.
- Performance of a contract with you (or to take steps before entering into a contract with you): For example, if you have ordered a product, we need to use or share your contact information and delivery address (and other necessary information) to process your order and deliver the product to you.
- Compliance with the law: In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or retain your Personal Data.
- Our legitimate interests: When it is necessary to understand MYF users, promote our Service, and efficiently manage the website and/or application for the purposes of our business operations. Examples of when we rely on our legitimate interests in using your Personal Data include:
- Analyzing the content viewed on our website to understand how it is used and improve our content.
- Displaying personalized ads by identifying your interests and creating “segments” of specific user types to show you more relevant ads and “segments” that you might be interested in. These “segments” are also used as sources of information to identify our users on other non-partner websites, such as social media platforms like Facebook.
- For internal administrative purposes related to the use of our Services, such as accounting and record-keeping, and to inform you about any changes to our Services.
- Collecting and recording IP addresses to enhance the website and track its usage.
- Personalizing our Services by remembering your settings and recognizing you when you log in from different devices.
- Enabling you to share our content with others using social media or email.
- Responding to your inquiries and resolving complaints.
- Personal Data Received from Other Organizations
- Merging or Combining the Personal Data You Provide
Use of Personal Data for Individuals Under 18
Our products or Services are not directly targeted at individuals under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data for individuals under 18 years of age.
The right to object to the processing of your Personal Data
Under the GDPR and data protection law, you have the right to object to the processing of Personal Data when it is processed for our legitimate interests, direct marketing, or other purposes (such as statistical needs). If you object for these reasons, the Personal Data cannot be further processed for such purposes. For example, we cannot continue to use your data to promote products to you.
We may accept or reject your objection if specific exceptions to your right to object apply, or if we find that your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive” considering the specific circumstances.
If your objection is upheld, we must cease or must not begin processing your Personal Data for that purpose. However, we can still lawfully continue to use your data for other purposes.
Other Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
You have several rights regarding your Personal Data and you can contact us to exercise the following rights:
- The right to access, i.e., to receive a copy of the Personal Data that MYF has about you.
- The right to correct and/or supplement the Personal Data MYF has about you.
- The right to obtain a machine-readable copy of your Personal Data when possible.
- The right to erasure (e.g., when Personal Data is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected, if you withdraw your consent for Personal Data processing or object to such processing, etc.). There may be exceptions to the right to erasure for certain legal reasons, which we will set forth for you if applicable.
- The right to restrict processing (e.g., you believe the Personal Data we process is inaccurate, you’ve objected to such processing, etc.), in accordance with GDPR, data protection laws, and other applicable regulations.
- The right to withdraw consent at any time. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect the legitimacy or lawfulness of Personal Data processing that we conducted before such withdrawal.
- The right to data portability, in case MYF is technically capable of performing such action in the specific case.
MYF acknowledges that it is necessary for you to have control over your Personal Data. In accordance with privacy laws worldwide, MYF takes steps to allow you to request access, receive a copy, update, modify, delete, or restrict the use of your Personal Data, or request a list of your Personal Rights (if available). We are obligated to provide information at your request, and in a timely manner, but no later than 30 days after the request. Please send your request to MYF, Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra 249, Serbia, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Data Protection Inquiry.”
Before fulfilling your request, we may ask for additional information to confirm your identity and for security reasons. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law (e.g., if your request is unfounded or excessive).
We are not obliged to provide information related to you if: (i) you already possess such Personal Data, (ii) providing Personal Data is impossible or may require disproportionate time and expense, (iii) collecting and disclosing Personal Data is explicitly required by law to provide adequate protection for the legitimate interests of the individuals to whom such information pertains, (iv) the confidentiality of Personal Data must be protected as a professional secret in accordance with the law. However, in this case, we will provide appropriate measures to protect your rights and freedoms, as well as your legitimate interests concerning such Personal Data.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the local supervisory authority or the Commissioner for Information of Public Importance and Personal Data Protection in accordance with the Data Protection Law (but we still recommend that you contact us first).
Please note that permanently deleting your MYF account removes all your Personal Data from MYF’s databases. After this process is complete, you will no longer be able to use any MYF services, your account and all its data will be permanently deleted, and MYF will not be able to restore your account or retrieve your data in the future. If you contact our support channels in the future, the system will not recognize your account, and support agents will not be able to locate the deleted account.
Security of Your Personal Data
MYF has implemented appropriate technical and organizational control measures to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized processing and accidental loss, damage, or destruction. Unfortunately, sending any information, including Personal Data, over the Internet is not entirely secure. While we will make efforts to protect your Personal Data when it reaches us, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Data sent to our website while it is still in transit, so you provide it at your own risk.
meatyourfarmer.app provides MYF Services through an online platform. Your data may be stored in meatyourfarmer.app data warehouses, databases, and general meatyourfarmer.app applications.
When We Share or Sell Your Personal Data
We may share data to fulfill a contract with you, for administrative purposes, or when we have a legitimate interest. For example, MYF may share your data to understand how you interact with our Services or products or to tailor and provide relevant advertising.
With External Organizations
MYF shares your Personal Data with organizations not directly affiliated with us in the following circumstances:
Service Providers – We may share your data with partners, such as agricultural farms that list and advertise products on the application and then fulfill your orders. We do this to provide the service you request. Other examples of sharing your data with service providers include sharing with:
- payment processors;
- fraud prevention service providers who help us identify and prevent online fraud;
- error tracking software providers who assist in diagnosing and fixing errors and optimizing the performance of our website and applications;
- service providers that assist us with analytics, enable user segmentation, and measure user engagement; and
- data management companies that assist in collecting data through online forms and surveys.
Event Sponsors and Partners – We may share your Personal Data with sponsors of MYF events and partners with whom we hold events for marketing purposes, if you allow us to do so.
Social Media Organizations – MYF may share your Personal Data with other organizations when our website uses social plugins from these organizations (such as Facebook’s “Recommendation” feature or Twitter’s retweet feature). These other organizations may receive and use Personal Data about your visit to our website. For more information on how these organizations use Personal Data, please read their privacy policies.
Agencies and Government Authorities as Required by Law – MYF may disclose your Personal Data to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority, or in connection with any legal action, if we are required to fulfill a legal or regulatory obligation, where the request is proportionate, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any other individual.
Any organization accessing your data while providing services on our behalf is subject to strict contractual limitations to ensure that they protect your data and comply with all applicable data privacy laws. We may also independently audit these service providers to ensure they meet our standards.
International Data Transfers
Whenever we transfer your Personal Data from Serbia or the European Economic Area (EEA), MYF ensures similar protection and uses at least one of the following data protection measures:
- MYF will only transfer your Personal Data to countries deemed to provide an adequate level of data protection in accordance with the Data Protection Act or GDPR.
- MYF may also use specific approved contracts that incorporate Standard Contractual Clauses or are approved under the Data Protection Act or GDPR to protect Personal Data, when necessary, with our service providers located in countries outside Serbia or the EEA, including those based in the United States and Australia. These contracts provide your Personal Data with the same protection it has in Serbia and the EEA.
How MYF Stores Your Personal Data
If we no longer need your data, we will delete or anonymize them by removing all details that identify you. If we have requested your consent to process your Personal Data, and we have no other legal basis to continue that processing, and you withdraw your consent, we will delete your Personal Data.
When specific data retention periods are not prescribed by law, we will retain your data in accordance with the principles of proportionality and the limitation of data storage as provided by the law regulating the protection of Personal Data, as well as in accordance with the purpose for which they were collected and any internal MYF regulations.
Data contained in accounting documents, business records, and financial reports will be retained in accordance with legally prescribed deadlines in that area.
How MYF Can Contact You
If you have submitted a request or complaint, we may contact you to respond to your inquiry or resolve your complaint.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
When you visit the website and/or application, we may automatically collect data about you through cookies or similar technologies. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device, allowing us to recognize and remember you.
Contact Us for Information About How We Use Your Data
If you have any questions about how we use your Personal Data or if you are concerned about how your Personal Data is used, please contact MEAT YOUR FARMER DOO BEOGRAD-ZVEZDARA, Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra 249, Belgrade, Serbia, or send an email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Data Protection’.”
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small files that websites send to your browser and are stored on the user’s device, which can be a personal computer, mobile phone, tablet, or any other device (hereinafter referred to as ‘Cookies’). Your web browser processes and stores them. They play a crucial role in providing various IT services. Among other functions, they allow the website to store and retrieve information about user habits related to browsing or equipment and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognize users and improve the quality and quantity of services.
What Types of Cookies Do We Use?
Different types of cookies can be classified according to various criteria: duration, the subject responsible for managing them, and purpose.
According to the duration of the cookies in the user’s browser, we distinguish between Session and Persistent cookies. Session cookies are used while the user is browsing the website and are retained only during that browsing session. They are used to store information related to accessing and using the page. On the other hand, Persistent cookies are stored in the user’s browser for a certain limited time, even after the user has finished browsing the page.
Finally, we have different types of cookies according to their purpose: necessary cookies, preference cookies, statistical cookies, and marketing cookies, as explained below.
- Understanding user behavior on the website and analyzing data for statistical purposes.
- Improving security and preventing fraud.
- Increasing website speed.
- Storing data about the cities from which users access the site.
- Enhancing the user experience on the website.
- Keeping users logged in.
- Retaining your selected settings.
- Providing you with services.
- Monitoring and analyzing performance, operation, and efficiency to improve our services.
- Understanding and improving the impact of our marketing campaigns.
- Cookies provide users with the ability to utilize many essential functions of MYF.
The website may contain links to other websites. MYF cannot control the cookies used by these external websites. For further information about cookies on these websites, MYF advises users to check their cookie policies.
Applicable regulations state that we may store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of the website. For all other types of cookies, MYF requires your permission.
By using this website, MYF assumes that users consent and agree that MYF hosts cookies on their computer or device for the purposes stated here. Upon every browser login, the user can choose one of the following options:
Continue browsing: The cookie banner will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the website during the session, and it is assumed that the user accepts only necessary cookies.
Use only necessary cookies: The notice will be hidden on the page where the user is and only necessary cookies will be used.
Allow selection: Only cookies manually selected by the user will be used (NOTE: Necessary cookies cannot be canceled as the website cannot function correctly without these cookies).
Allow all cookies: The user will be considered to have accepted all cookies used by MYF, and the website will use all available cookies.
At any time, you can change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Statement on our website.
Your consent applies to the following domain: https://www.meatyourfarmer.app/
In addition, browsers or devices may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. These controls vary from browser to browser, and manufacturers may change the settings they offer and how they work at any time. Below, you can find links to instructions on how to do this in some popular browsers.
Please note that certain parts of MYF website services may not function correctly if the use of certain cookies is declined.
Cookies Used by MYF:
Necessary cookies allow the use of the website by providing basic functions, such as page navigation and access to protected parts of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Functional cookies enable the website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, such as the language in which content is displayed or the region you are in.
Statistical cookies help website owners understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and recording anonymous information.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across multiple websites. The purpose of these cookies is to display ads that are relevant and interesting to individual users, making them more valuable to publishers and third-party advertisers.
Where Can I Find More Information?